Sunday, April 22, 2012

New Duds from Old Shorts!

I think I told you that I recently lost my brother-in-law.  This is  my husbands brother ......to pancreatic cancer in November.  We just got back from PA yesterday where we visited my sister-in-law and the entire family.  What a great time we had......busy.....but fun.  While there I got to sew.  What more fun could that be?.........right?  This is a picture of a little dress I made for Olivia my great neice.  It is the most adorable sundress.   The straps and trim are grosgrain ribbon with dog prints .  And here is another little sundress I made for her.  It is so sweet.
What is so neat about these dresses is that I made them from her Grandfathers boxers.  They are so soft and will not scratch next to her skin and what a great use of something that is no longer being used.  Her mother loved them and has vowed that they will be passed from generation to generation.  That way her grandfather will always be close to her heart.  Here is a picture of our Miss Olivia wearing the dress.......Now isn't that the sweetest picture ever???

7 comments:

  1. Such sweet little dresses, but such a cutie wearing them can't be beat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little girl... lovely little dress. Glad you had a good visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a CUTIE with her new dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, what a great use of Grandpa's undershorts! You are certainly getting your groove back in a wonderful way. I am so glad you are feeling better and had a blessed trip up here to our Commonwealth. I wish you would come to PA Dutch country on your next trip north. 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea. Love the model. Wish I had a model to sew for. A tutorial would be great.

    Hildi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to see a tutorial for these. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful idea, beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting on blog messages. Your comments are always appreciated.