Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pillow Cases for Military Care Packages

Our church sends out military care packages four times a year.  It is a great ministry as these guys do miss home and whatever is sent to them reminds them of home.   The church collects items that they think the guys and gals will like.   This month, along with my friend Judy, I made pillowcases.  Judy came over and serged the edges while I tugged, pulled and ironed.  I was so pleased with these pillowcases.   As you can see they are quite brite.  The lady in charge of this project, Deb, said that the guys and gals would love it.  So much of their environment is tan, brown, or green.   I made sure that there was no drab military tan or green on these pillowcases.   This was an awesome project and I had so much fun doing it.   I want to thank Red Hen Fabrics for donating the fabric for this project.  They were so generous and it is so appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and commenting on blog messages. Your comments are always appreciated.