Sunday, January 3, 2010

Homemade Cavatelli's


Every now and then I like to embrace my husbands Italian heritage. We always make our sauce from scratch..it's so easy why not? But today,.....it's sauce day on Sundays..I decided to make homemade cavatelli's. Now they are just a special shaped macaroni and really don't taste different than spaghetti but...my husband and son's swear they are better. I call them dough balls but then who am I....not Italian! Anway after making your regular macaroni dough roll the dough into pencil width rolls and run thru the cavatelli maker. It makes macaronis with ridges on them and kind of reminds me of shells. The size of the shell depends on the thickness of the roll. Anyway after they dry a bit I will cook them in boiling salted water for about 3 or 4 minutes. Then top with sauce. They are good, but I admit that I can't eat many. Just too rich and heavy for me. Top this off with garlic bread and a salad and,....well.....we have a feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and commenting on blog messages. Your comments are always appreciated.